Describe and demonstrate the use of a Peak Flow Meter to a patient. Be able to interpret the values obtained using charts and tables for normal values with respect to age, gender and height.
This learning outcome is a primary level outcome.
This learning outcome is taught in the following sessions:
- Cardiorespiratory 1 (Year 1)
- Cardiorespiratory 2 (Year 2)
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Haematology (CR3) (Year 3)
- Child Health (Year 4)
- Carriage of Oxygen (Year GEP 1)
This learning outcome is assessed in the following ways:
- NOT YET CATEGORISED
This learning outcome maps to the following GMC theme:
- Respiratory Physiology
- 13g) Providing explanation, advice, reassurance and support
- Carry out basic respiratory function tests