Name the FOUR simple classes of acid-base disturbance, stating the primary disturbance and the form of compensation for each class. Comment on the time scale for renal as compared with respiratory compensation and give ONE clinical cause for each class.
This learning outcome is a primary level outcome.
This learning outcome is taught in the following sessions:
- Metabolism 2 (Year 2)
- Carriage of Oxygen (Year GEP 1)
- Digestion, Growth and Metabolism (Year GEP 1)
This learning outcome is assessed in the following ways:
- Section Bi - MCQ Examination
- Section Bii - SAQ Examination
- Section C - Data Interpretation Exam
This learning outcome maps to the following GMC theme:
- a) Physiology - General